Cell phones are one of the most popular items around, and many of them come with a slew of pre-installed apps such as com.lge.shutdownmonitor and com lge livemessage. LG mobile devices are no exception to that rule, but what if you find out that the app you use doesn’t work or is just glitchy in general? Find out more about what com.lge.livemessage app on LG is and how to fix it!
What is the com lge livemessage App?
The com.lge.livemessage is a messaging app that comes installed on LG android phones. It allows users to send text, voice, and vids messages to one another.
The app also provides users with a variety of features, including the ability to create group chats, share photos and videos, and more.
While the app is generally quite reliable, there have been a few reports of it crashing or freezing on some LG devices.
How to fix com.lge.livemessage has stopped?
If you’re experiencing problems with the com.lge.livemessage App, there are a few things you can try to fix it.
Reboot Your Phone
If you’re having trouble with the com lge livemessage app on your android, you can try is rebooting your phone. This may seem like a simple solution, but sometimes it can be the best way to fix a problem.
To reboot your phone, just hold down the power button for a few seconds and then select the “Reboot” option. After your phone restarts, hopefully, the com.lge.livemessage app will be working properly again.
Restore Phone to Factory Settings
If your phone is still not working properly after you have tried the troubleshooting tip listed above, the second step is to restore your phone to factory settings.
This will wipe all of the data and settings from your phone, so be sure to back up any important information before proceeding. To restore your phone to factory settings, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your LG phone.
- Tap the “General” tab.
- Scroll down and tap “Backup & reset.”
- Tap “Factory data reset.”
- Tap “Reset phone.”
- Enter your password or PIN if prompted, then tap “Continue.”
- Tap “Delete all.”
- Your phone will now begin resetting to factory settings. It can take a few minutes to finish the process.
Once your phone has been reset to factory settings, you can try using the com.lge.livemessage app again to see if the problem has been fixed. If you are still having trouble, you may want to consider contacting LG customer support for further assistance.
Clear Cache and Data in Settings
If you’re running into issues with the LG Lge Livemessage app on your LG mobile device, one thing you can try is clearing the cache and data in Settings. This can often help to fix problems with apps that are acting up. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Tap on the Apps & notifications option.
- Select See all apps from the menu that appears.
- Find the com lge livemessage app and tap on it.
- Tap on Storage & cache.
- Tap on Clear cache to remove the app’s cached data.
- Tap on Clear data to remove any saved data for the app (this will delete your account information and messages).
- Once both cache and data have been cleared, try opening the com.lge.livemessage app again and see if the issue has been resolved.
Contact LG Customer Care
If your phone is displaying the message “Unfortunately, LG LiveMessage has stopped”, it means that the app is no longer working properly. The last way is to contact customer support or send a mail to the carrier provider and hope they can help you fix the issue if the above was not helpful.