Do you ever feel that somebody is messaging you from a random number or sending spam and inappropriate text messages? Well, there’s a good chance they are! A lot of users have reported some apps on android or iPhone that generate random numbers and people use them to treat others. If you’re one of the people who have received this spam. There’s no need to panic – there’s a way to block and stop getting dirty texts from random numbers.
In this article:
- How to avoid getting spam messages and dirty texts from random numbers?
- Can your phone get hacked by responding to dirty texts from random numbers?
- How do unknown senders send inappropriate text messages?
- How to fix I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers?
- Report inappropriate text messages
- Use Service provider to report a spam message
- Don’t click here or this link
- Block message and the number
- Don’t send a response
- Don’t download files
- Try the call blocker app
- Use Anti-spam application
- Best free app to block I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers problem
How to avoid getting spam messages and dirty texts from random numbers?
First, texts from random numbers and inappropriate text messages from strangers and unknown people can be dangerous because they may not have your best interests at heart. They may trick you or pressure you to send them your debits or credit card.
Don’t text or share too much information with people you don’t know well. You can fix I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers problem by avoiding random conversations and only communicating with people you know well.
As someone constantly receiving inappropriate text messages, it can be frustrating to know what to do to avoid them. Here are the best tips you can do to avoid getting dirty message texts from random numbers on Android or iPhone:
1. Be cautious of who you text: Make sure that you are texting people that you know and trust. Do not send text messages you would not want your parents or friends to see.
2. Do not respond to dirty texts immediately: Let the hacker or unknown text message sender finish before you start talking. This gives you time to think about what the person is saying and helps them feel respected.
3. Do not send sexual pictures or messages in return: This will only make the other person feel more entitled and lead to further dirty texts.
4. If you do get dirty text, do not reply immediately: Take some time to process what happened and then decide what response is appropriate. If the text was inappropriate, do not answer it at all or say that you do not want to continue talking with that person
5. Check your phone for notifications every few minutes: so you know when somebody has sent you a message. This way, you won’t miss any important notifications and have a better idea of when to respond.
6. Only send messages back if you’re sure that you want to: If a stranger or unknown number sends you a message text and you don’t feel like responding, ignore it. It’s not polite, but it’s not going to end up costing you anything.
See also: How to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone?
Can you get hacked by responding to dirty texts from random numbers?
If you’re like most people, you probably reply to messages from people and groups of friends and family. But is that safe? Why do I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers? According to a report published by Forbes, texts can be tracked and monitored by hackers.
This is because many text message platforms (including Android and iPhone) store the addresses of the senders and receivers in plaintext. So if someone wants to monitor your text conversations, they can track who you’re talking to and when.
This isn’t limited to text messages – any communication through a platform like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger could be vulnerable to hacking. So if you don’t want someone spying on your communications. It’s important to be careful about who you reply to and what you say.
Read more about: How to stop android from sending duplicate texts?
How do unknown senders send inappropriate text messages?
If you’re receiving inappropriate text messages and dirty texts from unknown numbers, you can do a few things to protect yourself.
If the scammers know your old number, they may be able to continue contacting you using that number.
You can also try to block the number from your Android and iPhone using either a call blocker or an app. Blocking numbers will stop the scammers from contacting you, but it won’t stop them from texting other people on your contact list.
If you still don’t feel safe and want to report the number to the police or service provider, that’s an option.
Related topic: How to fix message blocking is active?
How to fix I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers?
If I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers from a sender that I don’t know, it might be time to fix my phone security, and I’m sure you will do the same to protect yourself. Here are a few tips for protecting your personal information against inappropriate texts that come from random numbers:
Report inappropriate text messages
The first step to try is to remember the context of the conversation. Was the message just between friends, or was an implied romantic or sexual relationship involved?
If it was just between friends, there is no need to report the message. It is simply inappropriate and could be considered harassment. However, if the context suggests that there may be something more serious going on, then you should report the text message as soon as possible and stop getting dirty texts from random numbers.
It would be best if you considered the safety of yourself and others before reporting a text message. If the text message makes you feel threatened or scared. It is probably best to stay away from the person who sent it and avoid further interactions. However, if the text message does not pose a threat to your safety or well-being, then you can choose to report it.
Reporting an inappropriate text message on Android or iPhone can help prevent further harassment or abuse from happening.
You can report sexual harassment and other inappropriate messages. The National Domestic Violence Hotline offers 24-hour support and can be reached at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for questions and concerns.
Use the Service provider to report a spam message
Second, it’s important to report it to the service provider. TextMessageSaving is a resource for reporting dirty spam texts to various service providers, including TFW, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
Text MessageSaving allows you to easily report dirty spam texts from random numbers by filling out a short form with the relevant information. However, once you’ve reported a spam message. The service provider will take appropriate action to prevent future messages from being sent in this manner.
Related article: Does texting use data?
Don’t click here or this link
There have been a few recent cases of people receiving inappropriate and malicious text messages that lead to them clicking on links in the message that took them to harmful websites and push them to add their personal information such as credit card, ID, and more.
If you keep getting dirty texts from random numbers that look suspicious, don’t click on any links in the message. Instead, delete it and wait for the next text message from your friend or family member.
If you still can’t resist and decide to open the link. Make sure you do it safely and only after taking precautions such as installing an antivirus app.
Block message and the number
Blocking text messages from numbers you don’t know can be a great way to protect yourself from unwanted and random numbers that send dirty and spammy links. By blocking these messages, you can avoid any potential embarrassment or worse. Here are some ways to do it:
- Launch your phone’s messaging app and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one by going to the main menu and selecting “Messages.”
- Once you’re in the Messages app, scroll down until you see the list of message numbers. Select the number of phones you want to block and tap “Block.”
- You’ll now see a warning message confirming that you’ve chosen to block this number. Tap on “Yes” to continue, and tap on “Block Message.”
- Next, go back to the main Messages screen and tap on “Unblock.” You can now send and receive messages again with this number.
Don’t send a response
Don’t reply to bad texts from random numbers can seem like a no-brainer, but if you don’t do it, you may end up regretting it. Here are five reasons why you should never reply to a dirty spam text from a random number:
- It could lead to unwanted drama.
- It necessitates more communication than you’re comfortable with.
- It could jeopardize the friendship or relationship that started off as a random conversation.
- Make the other person feel uncomfortable and unwanted.
- It could make the other person stop communicating altogether
Don’t download files
Be careful who you’re sending messages to! If you are getting dirty texts from random numbers and unknown people or spammers, don’t download anything from it!
Most text messages are sent between close friends and family. So it is important to trust your intuition and avoid downloading anything from a message you don’t know or trust.
Make sure the size and type of file you’re sending are appropriate. Files that are large, unusual, or suspicious will usually be a warning sign that something is wrong. For example, if a message sends you a file that is over 5 megabytes in size, be suspicious!
This could be a sign that the file might contain malware or spyware, which could damage your Android phone if you download it. Similarly, if a message sends you a file in an unexpected format (like an Adobe Photoshop file), be cautious.
Try the call blocker app
If you’re like most Android users, and you are thinking about why I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers and unknown people. With a call blocker, you can easily stop spam text messages and block restricted phone calls from random numbers to keep your phone free of unwanted contact.
A call blocker is a phone app that allows users to block no caller id calls and message texts from specific numbers. By blocking these calls and messages, you can reduce the amount of spam and unwanted contact you receive on your phone.
Yes, call blocker is perfectly legal. It’s an app designed to help reduce the amount of spam and unwanted contact you receive on your phone. So there’s nothing wrong with using it.
Here’s how to download and install it:
- To start, open Google Play on your phone and search for “call blocker.”
- Once the app is installed, open it and click on the “+” icon in the upper-right corner. From there, select “Add new filter.”
- Next, enter the phone number or addresses of people you want to block and click on the “Add” button.
- You can also add keywords that will trigger the app’s filters. Finally, choose a filter category (e.g., work, home) and hit the “Create” button.
Now that your call blocker is set up, you’ll need to ensure it’s active. To add a caller to your deny list;
- Open the “Call Blocker” setting on your phone
- Navigate to the “Blocked Contacts” tab.”
- Under “Active Filter,” select the filter you created earlier and hit the “Activate” button. You’re done!
Use Anti-spam application
Several anti-spam applications can be used to block dirty texts from random numbers. These applications work with iPhone and Android. Also, it will help to protect your email account from spam and malicious messages. However, some popular anti-spam applications include SpamBlocker, Junk Mail Filter, and SenderBase. To use an anti-spam application to stop receiving inappropriate text messages:
- Open the application you wish to use to block message texts from random numbers.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Under Blocking Rules, add a new rule by entering the text “random” in the From field and your email address in the To field.
- Click Add Rule.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each additional rule you wish to add. Except for the last rule, which should be “normal.” This rule will allow all other messages to pass through unaffected.
Read more: What is dcb_association text message?
Best free app to block I keep getting dirty texts from random numbers problem
If you’re one of the unlucky people who get dirty texts from random numbers. There’s a good chance that you have a phone number on your contact list that spammers are using. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to stop the texts from coming in other than blocking the number yourself. Here’s a list of the best free apps to do just that:
1. SpamblockerbyTripAdvisor: This app is available for both Android and iOS devices and is one of the most popular options available. It allows users to block inappropriate text messages from anywhere in the world. It has a wide range of features that make it an ideal choice for those looking for an all-in-one solution.
2. TextBlocker: This app is designed specifically for blocking dirty spam text messages with links or not and has been specifically designed to work with Apple devices. It’s user-friendly, operates on a simple interface, and is perfect for those new to blocking inappropriate and spam text messages.
3. PhoneBuddy: Another app that is specifically designed to help users block inappropriate spam texts is PhoneBuddy. It offers a wide range of features, including the ability to block list numbers and track how many messages have been sent
4. Spam Blocker: This application is free and easy to use. It allows you to block all incoming spam SMS, MMS and stop you from getting dirty texts from random numbers.
5. Norton Security: Norton Security is a paid application, but it offers many features that make it worth the price tag. One of the features that make Norton Security stand out is its ability to block dirty text messages automatically.
6. Spam Blocker for Android: This app is free from the Google Play store and is one of the most popular choices to stop receiving inappropriate text messages. It’s simple to use and can be configured to block certain senders or types of messages automatically.
7. Spam Blocker Plus for Android: This app is similar to the first one. But it also includes features to help manage your email inboxes. It’s free from the Google Play store and features a user-friendly interface.n
8. iBlaster: This app is designed specifically to block spam text messages and is available for free from the Google Play store. It has various features, including the ability to set up specific filters for incoming messages.n
9. iBlock SMS/MMS/Text Messages: This app is available as a free download from the Google Play store. It lets you easily block receiving inappropriate text messages.
See also: How to turn on predictive text?
In conclusion, blocking texts from people you don’t know can be a handy way to save yourself time and energy. Whether you’re in a rush or just don’t want to deal with the messages they are sending. Blocking dirty texts and inappropriate text messages from random numbers on Android or iPhone is the best way to get what you need without having to take your time out of your busy day.